The Central Post-Award office is responsible for:
- Financial oversight of all sponsored award activities from set up to closeout
- Creating award accounts
- Determination if funding source is a gift or a sponsored award
- Invoicing sponsors per the terms of the agreements, following up on outstanding payments, initiating letter of credit draws, preparing and submitting financial reports
- Distributing award expiration notices, ensuring timely closeout of sponsored accounts
- Providing federal costing compliance oversight, assessing financial transactions risk, auditing high risk expenditures
- Approvals of higher risk transactions on sponsored awards.