Research & Scholarship Strategic Plan
The goal of the Tufts University Research and Scholarship Strategic Plan (RSSP) is to chart our path forward as an innovative, civically engaged, student-centered, tier-one research university
Launched in 2018, the purpose of the Tufts University Research and Scholarship Strategic Plan is to identify research and scholarship priorities and determine effective strategies and resources to advance the research enterprise. During the Planning Phase (January 2017-May 2018), Tufts’ identified research strengths and priorities through internal and external stakeholder engagement. From this process, emerged seven Priority Area Research Groups. Specifically, the strategic plan aims to:
- Identify research and scholarship priorities based on
- Existing excellence
- Potential for future innovations and global impact
- Greatest opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Determine effective strategies and appropriate resources to support advancement of the research and scholarship enterprise at Tufts
Implementation Phase (July 2018 - 2022)
RBF: Resources, Barriers, andFacilitators of Research & Scholarship
* These activities will continue in years 2, 3, and 4.
** Only 3 of 4 Phase II projects will be funded.