Local Research Administration
Local Research Administrators (LRAs) provide pre-and post-award support to investigators who engage in sponsored activities related to research, teaching, and service. They are located at the schools and centers to provide hands-on active day-to-day support.
Local Research Administration is a sub function of RAD
LRAs responsibilities include:
- Facilitate investigator engagement with all research support offices
- Acting as point of contact with Central Administration in pre- and post-award matters
- Managing proposal preparation
- Partnering with the Budget Center in preparation of the funding forecasts and plans to spend
- Assisting the PI in fiscal management of his or her research portfolio (hard and soft money)
- Promoting compliance with sponsor and Tufts policies.