The Office of Research Administration will submit additional grant application information for NIH’s Just-in-Time process. NIH is the only agency that uses the Just-in-Time concept as currently designed in the Commons.
The Just-in-Time feature of the eRA Commons allows a Signing Official (SO) (that is, the Office of Research Administration) to electronically submit additional grant application information qualifying for Just-in-Time submission, when requested by the granting agency, after the completion of the peer review of a grant application and prior to funding.
The Just-in-Time feature is used by NIH for applications meeting established review criteria. In general this feature becomes available for applications that fall within a certain percentile or priority score ranges. However, applicants should not submit any Just-in-Time information until specifically requested by the agency. These requests can be eRA-system generated e-mails or contacts directly from the specific funding agency via e-mail and/or phone.
What are the features?
- Allows for electronic submission of additional documentation when requested by NIH, after completion of peer review of grant application and prior to funding.
- Includes limited system-generated e-mail notifications. Other notifications may be generated by specific Institutes/Centers.
- At this time, the submission is a one-time submission, so the applicant institution must be prepared to submit all required information before using this function.
What are the Benefits?
- Allows applicant institutions to electronically submit requested information in a timely fashion when requested by the granting agency.
Who can use the Just-in-Time Feature?
- Signing Officials can provide information and submit to the agency.
- Principal Investigators can upload Just-in-Time information into the Commons for the Signing Official to submit.
As with use of all eRA Commons-based features, a Commons username and password are needed to log in. If you are a researcher with a username and password already assigned and your account has been activated by the ORA, simply go to https://commons.era.nih.gov/commons to log in (left side of homepage). Your username and password are valid for as long as you are a member of Tufts University, as it is registered through the institution. If you do not have an eRA Commons account, please contact t Vicki Laake at (617) 636-6550 (for Health Sciences Campus) or Suzanne Rocha at (617) 627-3683 (for Medford/Somerville Campus). Once your account has been set up, you will receive an email directly from eRA Commons with your username and password.
See here for more information about Just-in-Time from NIH.