Company: A Grant-funded Clinical Research Organization in Watertown, MA
Job Title: Biostatistician or Associate Biostatistician
Location: Watertown, MA
Criteria: MS or PHD in statistics are a must
Qualified candidates for the Associate Research Scientist will direct the analysis on peer-reviewed papers, collaborate with researchers on developing future project concept papers, retrieve and synthesize appropriate background literature and write peer-reviewed papers. The Associate Research Scientist will establish relationships with sponsors generate ideas for follow-up and contribute to proposals. Typical duties for analytical roles will include study design, sample size determination, sample selection and data analysis, collaborate with senior scientists, supervise analysis of research associates and submit publications in peer reviewed journals. Other non-essential duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong experience leading multi-site clinical trials
• Maintain knowledge and awareness of developments in biostatistics and clinical trials methodology and regulatory requirements that impact on statistical analyses
• Solid understanding of pragmatic and adaptive designs and cluster-unit trials
• Evidence of strong management skills, as shown through management of multiple projects and proven ability to manage, mentor, and motivate staff
• Demonstrated initiative and motivation
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to clearly describe advanced statistical techniques and interpret results
• Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
• Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
• Strong history of publications in peer-reviewed journals
• Ph.D. in Statistics/Biostatistics or relevant social science, or MPH/MA/MS in a related field of research
• Must have high level of proficiency in SAS and other analytical software packages, plus Microsoft Office products.
• For clinical research projects must have working knowledge of ICH/GCP and FDA guidelines.
• Proven track-record securing commercial or governmental funding is preferred
Scott Dalton, Recruiting Manager
Green Key Resources, Pharmaceutical Consulting Division
Direct: 773-932-1162 Cell: 847-644-1647 Fax: 646-924-3595