The Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBC) has provided the following methods that may be used to report any deficiency or non-compliance with the use of biohazardous materials at this Institution:
Call, write, e-mail, or speak to:
– The Grafton IBC Chair: Dr. Sawkat Anwer at (508) 839-8788
– The Boston/Medford IBC Chair: Dr. Cheleste Thorpe at (617) 636-0245
– The Biosafety Manager: Dr. Melanie Marketon at (617) 636-0969
– The IACUC/IBC Regulatory Director: Valerie Parkison at (617) 636-5612
– The Institutional Officials: Dr. Simin Meydani (Tufts University) at (617) 636-6550 or Susan Blanchard (Tufts Medical Center) at (617) 636-5480
If you would like to remain anonymous, you may leave a message on the University’s 24-hour hotline (617) 636-2492, which is specifically designated for reporting research misconduct. It is managed by the Office of the Vice Provost for Research. Alternatively, concerns can be registered through EthicsPoint through their website or by calling (866) 384-4277. Indicate “Tufts University” as the organization. Anonymous reports will be handled in the same fashion as other reports.
Reported issues will be investigated and solutions determined on a case-by-case basis. Verification will be provided to the complainant (if known) that the report has been received and the issue is under investigation. After a report is received, if it is determined to be an issue of non-compliance, the resolution will be reported in the IBC’s Minutes.