Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

The transfer of animals from one protocol to another may be permitted in some cases, but it requires prior Approval. Please note that this is required even if both protocols are under the same Investigator.

Boston or Medford

The Animal Protocol Transfer Form must be completed and sent to prior to the transfer. Both Principal Investigators must be included on the submission email. Under ‘justification for transfer,’ provide detail for how the animals will be used on the receiving protocol. The transfer is not considered Approved until the IACUC office has notified the Principal Investigators. In addition, new cage cards must be placed and relevant health records must be modified to reflect the change(s).

If the animals need to be moved to a different DLAM animal holding room, submit an Animal Relocation Request Form to DLAM. If they need to be moved to a different HNRCA animal holding room, please contact the CBU manager, Don Smith.


Please complete the Animal Protocol Transfer Form and submit it to